Fears and phobias are classed as mental illnesses. It is suggested that approximately 8% of the population suffer with some type of fear or phobia. It is suggested that women are more likely than men to experience the impact of a phobia related illness.
There are several typical indicators and symptoms associated with phobias, and these range from nausea, trembling, rapid heartbeat, feeling out of sync with reality, and being entranced with the object of the individuals fear. Its important and interesting to note that any object can become a fear object.
Phobias can be categorised into three groups.
- Social phobias
- Specific phobias
Hypnotherapy has wonderful proven results when working with individuals with fears and phobias. Book your session today and see how hypnotherapy can help you change your life.
Top 10 Phobia List
- 1. Fear of Spiders – Arachnophobia
- 2. Fear of Snakes – Ophidiophobia
- 3. Fear of Heights – Acrophobia
- 4. Fear of Open Spaces – Agoraphobia
- 5. Fear of Dogs – Cynophobia
- 6. Fear of Thunderstorms – Astraphobia
- 7. Fear of Small Spaces – Claustrophobia
- 8. Fear of Germs – Mysophobia
- 9. Fear of Flying – Aerophobia
- 10. Fear of Holes – Trypophobia