Holistic Hypnotherapy Certification (Foundation Level)
Manchester Training: Thursday 15th to Sunday 18th March 2018
Liverpool Training: Thursday 10th to Sunday 13th May 2018
Manchester Training: Thursday 12th to Sunday 15th July 2018
The Life Cycle Therapy approach to hypnotherapy training focuses on the ‘whole person’, that is the physical, emotional and spiritual attributes along with the person as an energetic entity.
We would like to welcome you to Life Cycle Therapies and the Holistic Hypnotherapy Certification Training (Foundation Level). As one of the trainers of this exciting and life-transforming course, I am absolutely passionate about hypnotherapy as a non-invasive and extremely effective holistic healing modality for everyone. This course offers the freedom to experience first-hand personal transformations that you can then relay to your future clients.
Hypnotherapy can be used in conjunction with and as a part of so many other holistic therapies from current and past life regression to future life progression, inner child sessions, parts therapy and cord therapy. It really is the foundation, the basis for enhancing existing skills and building new layers of knowledge around pre-existing qualifications and modalities.
The Foundation Level Holistic Hypnotherapy Certification offered by Life Cycle Therapies has been assessed and accredited at Foundation Level by the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (UK). Graduates may apply to join the GHR at Affiliate Status once they have successfully completed the Foundation Level Certification training and worked through all requirements and received their certificate of completion.
The certification training covers the foundations for using hypnosis with a range of clients. The course includes more than 200 hours of private study and tutor-led practical and experiential sessions and is suitable for both students who are already working as complementary therapists and those with no prior knowledge of hypnosis or any other complementary therapies.
- 50+ hours pre-course reading, preparation and theory papers.
- 40 hours of tutor-led time with practical and experiential learning; Interactive discussions and lectures, live demonstrations, experiential pair and triad work, the experience of a whole session with a client.
- 50+ hours of tutor supervised case studies with volunteer clients; including overall session preparation, delivery, and reflection.
- 60+ hours of post-course reading, study, self-hypnosis, the recording and submission of a professionally created hypnosis recording and a post-course theory paper along with a 12-month business plan.
Pre Course Reading
There are two books that need to be read prior to the course, they are ‘Hypnosis for Change’ by Josie Hadley and Carol Staudacher and ‘Essentials of Hypnosis’ by Michael Yapko. You will also be sent a theory question paper once you are accepted on the course which must be completed prior to the course and brought along to be assessed on the first day.
This course has been assessed and accredited at Foundation Level by the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (UK) and enables students to work professionally with a range of clients with insurance. Graduates may apply to join the GHR at Affiliate Status once they have successfully completed the Foundation Level Certification training and worked through all requirements and received their certificate of completion.
- Complete all written and reading assignments.
- Produce a self-hypnosis recording and a 12-month business plan.
- Work with five clients having multiple sessions under tutor supervision. Produce and evaluate written summaries of these case studies showing methodology, reduction in measurable symptoms and personal learnings.
What this course covers
- History of hypnosis, pioneers of hypnosis and pioneers timeline.
- What is hypnosis? Conscious vs. subconscious mind.
- The occurrence of physiological changes including the ten physical symptoms of trance.
- Exploring the brain. Brainwaves by type, their state of consciousness and what they look like.
- Exploring the seven commonly experienced signs of hypnotic phenomena.
- Who can be hypnotised? How does hypnosis work? What does hypnosis feel like? And what can hypnosis be used for?
- The four common prerequisites to achieving hypnotic trance.
- Trance depth assessment and depth assessment scales.
- Ideomotor signalling and depth of hypnosis scale using ideomotor response.
- Contra Indicators and when to withhold treatment.
- The seven steps in a typical hypnosis session.
- Client interview procedure including rapport, nonverbal cues, questioning your client and setting expectations and the confidential client questionnaire.
- Working with your client to set objectives, collect measurable symptoms and using pre, post, and current interview tick sheets.
- Learning styles and different channels of learning.
- The induction process including exploring ten different induction principals.
- The formal induction and induction techniques.
- Awakening and grounding your client.
- Guided visualisation and stairs deepener along with overload deepener for analytical clients.
- Hypnotherapeutic suggestions including PREM (positive, repetitive, ego-strengthening, motivational).
- Types of suggestion – Direct, indirect, presuppositions, embedded commands, future pacing, guided imagery, metaphors and stories, post-hypnotic suggestions, auto-suggestions, affirmations and tips for formulating suggestions.
- Setting anchors to powerful positive memories.
- Includes a suite of scripts and documents to assist you working with clients and information on setting up your own practice. This includes insurance information, legal considerations, code of ethics, building your client base, marketing and promo ideas, rates to charge, recording and computer software and office space prerequisites.
- Further reading including resources and scripts on both hypnosis and the mind-body connection.
- This course provides a wonderful environment to practice and master your hypnotic voice through the use of rhythm, volume, pace, tone and voice control techniques. It also allows students the opportunity to experience the scripts first hand by watching demonstrations and then having the opportunity to practice in triad sessions where 3 students work together taking on the roles of client, therapist, and observer.
Follow on training
Advanced Hypnosis Training:
A two-day course which can be completed once the Holistic Hypnotherapy Training Certificate has been awarded. This course layers on more levels of learning giving you extra tools to use with clients. Topics covered include but are not limited to parts therapy, EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique), inner child, rapid inductions, Emotrance and belief testing including removing energetic blocks.
Hypno Share Afternoons:
Tutor-led student practical afternoons where students can work together to practice their skills with advice and assistance from a tutor as and when required. This gives students a forum to talk through issues or concerns that they may have encountered and offers a collaborative environment where best practice and new techniques can be shared and experienced.
Master Classes are a one day course focussing directly on a specific area of hypnotherapy. These days are set up and run in line with the other courses we offer in that students have a chance to talk through suggested modality, watch therapist do a demonstration and then work with other students in either pair or triad sessions. Many topics are explored and Masters Classes include:
Time Line Therapy
Future choices current life sessions
FLP Future Life Progression
£150.00 deposit. Balance £450.00 to be paid 21 days prior to course.
By booking your place and paying the deposit, you are agreeing to the payment terms and conditions set out here.